Raystown Lake is a beautiful place to camp. The resort we stay at also has a lodge that rents rooms that overlook the lake, cabins, beach bungalows and Villas.
It was a full moon and it would slowly rise above the mountain and make its grand arrival every night we were there, so beautiful.
This week for daycare we made a homemade slip and slide. We used tarps to pad underneath and painters plastic on top.
We clamped the hose on a ladder and left it on mist, just to add enough water to make the soap slippery....
We also pulled out our blueberries we froze a month ago. i was so happy with the result, they stayed round, not smooshed and they seperated. We added sugar and ate them with lunch and added them to our pancakes...so yummy!
Today we made a campfire chicken... We took bricks and made a dutch oven on the side of the campfire, just by stacking them.
Then I took a whole chicken, rinsed it, and put big pieces of onion inside it cavity. Seasoned the outside with Lowerys seasoning salt and wrapped in heavy duty tin foil and sat inside the bricks.
You guys do so many fun things - will you adopt me Jill? I was adopted once years ago - I'm sure it can be done again!
ReplyDeleteSuch great memories for your kids as they get older! I bet that chicken was great. Loved that slip and slide too, what fun!
ReplyDeleteNow I am hungary for some blueberries. Your camping trip looked like such a great time and the slip and slide was just too cute. Kids are so great, life is just not the same without kids in the house.
ReplyDelete