Applebutter in the Making!
This year we decided to make applebutter in a copper kettle outside. A friend of ours loaned us his kettle and we started at the crack of dawn. We started with 4 bushels of apples. First I steamed the apples just a little to make them soft and then we put them through a food mill.
We added 30 lbs of sugar and stirred alllllllll day.
Im hyperactive, so therefore I couldnt just sit for hours, so I brought my Barb Carroll Rug out and started hooking!
It made lots and lots of applebutter!!!
Only you would think of making apple butter! My goodness that's a lot of AB! Cute pic of the kids. Did you finish that rug yet?
ReplyDeleteJill, I can't even imagine! You amaze me lol. I can't wait to taste mine :). Thanks again! I'm still thinking though that I will finish my Old Nutfield before you finish your sheep rug ;)
ReplyDelete