Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ramblings

Nothing says spring like baby chicks!! We bought these baby Cornish Rocks this weekend. YES KATHY, we are eating these baby chicks!!  When they are all grown up of course!! I have to say when these meat chicks get big they are actually very ugly chickens. i call them "Jurassic park" chickens. So I think it will be easy to get rid of them.

The kids love them but they know we are striving to be more self sufficient, so i told them in 12 weeks we will be eating chicken.

This is our neighbor girl she spends alot of time at our house. you would think she is my child from the way she acts and looks. She has been part of our lives since she was 6 yrs old. She is now 13, time flies....

Tey has been enjoying his swing since warmer weather has hit us, I couldn't pass up blogging this picture. He loves the chicks too, but I cant get a picture of him with the chicks and watch he doesn't squeeze them to death at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. By the looks of those chicks you will be having many chicken dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever butchered a chicken before? I'm anxious to hear your experience with them since I'd like to get chicks too :) I was tempted to get a few laying hens at Tractor Supply this weekend, luckily they were all out otherwise I would have taken some home :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, as soon as Little I names them, it's going to be hard to eat Penny, Laverne, etc..... :)
    All the power to ya, I know I couldn't do it!

    ReplyDelete