
We are getting a crazy amount of tomatoes off the vines this year. I decided to freeze the majority of them. So I found these directions on
www.pickyourown.org this website has been very handy to me this summer. Freezing is simple, quick and alot less mess. When you thaw your tomatoes they are watery, but work great in sauces and stews. First we blanch the tomatoes to remove the skins.

Of course we save all the skins for our compost pile!!

I also squeeze some of the seeds out of the tomato before i put them in the freezer bags.

Viola! All done!!

We took the boys to the mountains the other weekend for a camping trip. We went with friends and the boys had a blast.

There is nothing better than watching the boys make memories with people who are close to your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment