I am a firm believer that our human nature is self destructive. It seems our natural instinct curves towards the "unhealthy things". I know I would much rather have the hot fudge sundae over a banana any day. Talking on the phone filling my head with the latest gossip rather than spending an hour in prayer. Sitting on the Internet rather than cleaning my house or finishing projects. I know I personally struggle with staying on track, keeping focused on what needs to be done. I have decided this summer to stay on track and not allow myself to continually give in to my selfish nature. I have vowed to be a better mom and wife. To serve my family with out grumbling or complaining. To be a help-meet to my husband, to be an encourager. To go that extra mile to make my children feel more secure. To put their needs before my own. I have made a pact within myself to slow down. To enjoy where I am at in my journey rather than looking for the next thing or end result. When I have chaotic moments, when I feel the need to pull out my hair I start to go over some verses in my head.
Proverbs 14:1 The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
Proverbs 31:10-12 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
I have found contentment in my every day life. This summer with my family and friends has truly
been a blessing.

No comments:
Post a Comment